Instructional Specialist for Undergraduate Program in Comp..
有效日期：2021年04月20日 - 2021年06月19日
招聘部门：Duke Kunshan University，Undergraduate Studies
Duke Kunshan University (DKU) based in Kunshan, China seeks to appoint an Instructional Specialist for the undergraduate program in computer/data science (CS/DS). The Instructional Specialist will support the emerging, interdisciplinary courses and curricula, such as assisting in teaching laboratories and course projects, working with students on course contents, grading homework and projects, etc. Course delivery is in English, including lectures, laboratories, tutor sessions, etc. The instructional specialist will also help in maintaining and upgrading the teaching related hardware/software/cloud infrastructure, establishing lab protocols, and launching instructional tools for undergraduate Computer/Data Science courses.
Chair of the Division of Natural and Applied Sciences with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of Information Technology
· Work with instructors to set up and grade teaching labs and course projects (preparing lab/project descriptions, lab/computer environment, project presentations, etc.) for undergraduate CS/DS courses.
· Work with instructors to set up and grade homework assignments (preparing questions, solutions, etc.) for undergraduate CS/DS courses.
· Work with instructors to set up and grade mid-term and final exams (preparing questions,
solutions, etc.) for undergraduate CS/DS courses.
· Offer tutor sessions to undergraduate students taking CS/DS courses.
· Work on other teaching-related tasks required by the course instructors for the undergraduate CS/DS courses.
· Identify and order computing hardware and software such as CPU and GPU resource required for education activities.
· Establish computer teaching lab protocols and develop user manuals.
· Manage computer teaching labs user accounts for faculty, staff and students.
· Allocate computing resources and help students access these resources.
· Develop instructional tools such as automatic grading tool for computer lab assignments.
· Maintain and upgrade computing hardware/software/cloud.
· Create automation job to solve and monitor unknown risk of teaching system issues.
· Observe students to use computing resources, diagnose potential issues and propose corresponding solutions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· University employees’ job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the
University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
· Receive master’s degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, or other
CS/ECE-related field from a top Chinese or foreign university.
· Excellent knowledge in software engineering and data analysis is required.
· Extensive experience in using MS Office, JAVA, Python, SQL and other script languages is required.
· Familiar with Linux Shell and Linux Service (Crontab, NFS, SFTP, SSH).
· Familiar with PHP, HTML, JS, CSS and Web services (Apache, Nginx), SSL etc.
· Past experience in undergraduate and/or graduate education (e.g., experience as a teaching
assistant) is preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills and excellent problem-solving ability are required. Strong
interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
· Hard work and fast learning in a multidisciplinary team are required to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
· Fluent English skills in reading, writing and speaking are required.
Please submit cover letter and CV to DKUrecruitment@dukekunshan.edu.cn.
Duke Kunshan University – Overview
Duke Kunshan University is a Sino-American partnership of Duke University and Wuhan University to create a world-class liberal arts and research university offering a range of academic programs for students from China and throughout the world. A non-profit, joint-venture institution, Duke Kunshan University was granted accreditation approval by China’s Ministry of Education in September 2013 and welcomed its inaugural class of students in August 2014.
With the goal of spearheading the future of higher education, Duke Kunshan University is influenced and informed by both Chinese and American traditions of higher education. The shared vision of Duke University and Wuhan University is that Duke Kunshan will help address the changing needs of global higher education. Their rich heritage inspires Duke Kunshan University to pursue academic excellence and integrity and to apply classroom knowledge in service to society. Duke Kunshan University delivers academic programs designed to address society’s future needs through a curriculum based in the liberal arts tradition and a commitment to problem-based learning that challenges students to apply their knowledge during the learning process.
As an international, intellectual community that encourages diversity, openness and creative learning, Duke Kunshan University welcomes outstanding students and faculty from around the world who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to this global learning environment. The university’s innovative academic programs inspire students to master academically rigorous course work, generate new ideas and develop creative solutions to the world’s challenges, preparing them not just for careers in specific fields, but to become globally sophisticated leaders and citizens.
Duke Kunshan University is a place for learning, living and growing, in a setting that encourages the pursuit of knowledge within and beyond the classroom. The City of Kunshan is located in close proximity to both Shanghai and Suzhou, two of the largest and most developed metropolitan areas in China. Connected to both by high-speed rail and highways, the city of Kunshan is a center for business and high-tech research and manufacturing, and it has one of the fastest growing economies in China. The 200-acre campus site is within the Kunshan Yangcheng Lake Science Park and features state-of-the-art classroom and meeting facilities, library resources, student and faculty housing and dining space, and recreational facilities. Multi-purpose meeting spaces, breakout rooms, and study areas allow students to work individually or in groups to review course material, complete assignments, and participate in the vibrant, intellectual life of the campus.
同类招聘职位：上海克而瑞信息技术有限公司招聘销售岗位-2021新瑞计划(2021-05-07) 上海健耕医药科技股份有限公司招聘销售部实习生(2021-05-07) 上海克而瑞信息技术有限公司招聘咨询顾问岗-2021新瑞计划(2021-05-07) 南京品心文化发展有限公司招聘读写教师(2021-05-07) 小熊很忙（上海）文化传播有限公司招聘动漫游戏记者(2021-05-07) 上海克而瑞信息技术有限公司招聘市场分析岗-2021新瑞计划(2021-05-07) 美世（中国）有限公司广州分公司招聘美世学习与发展业务运营实习生 - 广州(2021-05-07) 成都迅博科技有限公司招聘客户销售代表（双休 高无责底薪）(2021-05-07) 广州市昊链信息科技股份有限公司招聘前端实习生(2021-05-07) 上海克而瑞信息技术有限公司招聘地产研究岗-2021新瑞计划(2021-05-07)